C i r c u l a r | L i f e

 

Friday, October 07, 2005

Ya know, to be honest, I consider myself a geek. I have other qualities, yes, but deep down I'm mostly a geek that likes simple and dweebish things. But it's times like tonight when I wonder if perhaps I should switch my allegiance and play for a different team. I went into Starbucks to get an overpriced drink and I saw four people crowded around a little table playing Magic. That's a geeky card game, if ya didn't know.

Now I don't play the game and I don't really have a problem with it. But the people playing it...sigh...undoubtedly bat for the geeky team. In fact, it's probably quite impossible that they play for any other team. The girls' hair were frizzy and unkept, their thick-rimmed glasses dangling off their oily faces. The guys looked as if they'd been playing that card game for the last four days, neglecting any form of personal hygiene.

The point is...sadly these are the people on Team Geek. Do I have to be a closet geek? Can we whip it together...PLEASE?! If you're a geek, do me a favor. Buy some deoderant and invest in some social skills. You're still allowed to keep your geekdom but for God's sake, get a new hobby and look in the mirror before you go outside.



posted at 9:41 PM by Randy
permalink



-•-

I've decided to go ahead and take this blog completely toward politics/economy. It's all I talk about anyway. Remember, you can email me at randy [at] circularlife [dot] com or use the chat box in the lower right.