C i r c u l a r | L i f e

 

Monday, February 27, 2006

Today is Monday. It was a particularly nice Monday for Colorado, especially as of late. The temperature hovered near seventy and the sky was as blue as could be. I figured today was as good of an excuse as any to look a bit better than normal (ie... groggy, bad breath, messy hair). So I wore a decent shirt, gave my hair a little flair, and wore a tie - a pink tie.

The pink tie. Had I worn any other color in the light spectrum, it would have been a non-issue. Even purple, I dare say, would have raised no eyebrows. But my pink tie got comment after comment. Remarks like, "Pink, eh?" and "Real men wear pink!" and "Pink. Brave man." So nothing interesting.

Worst of all, I was gazing into the restroom mirror and retying said tie when a fellow next to me - clearly of the homosexual variety - decided I was tying it improperly. He scoffed and said, "Having problems?"

"No," I answered. "Thanks."
"Pretty bad Windsor," he offered.
"Sure is."

Apparently he took this to mean "You bet it is. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. PLEASE HELP ME!" Of course I was, in fact, being sarcastic. My Shelby knot was coming along rather perfectly. I needed no help at all.

He leaned toward me with outstretched arms. I glared at him in the mirror with a look that, I imagine, must have caused his heart to think twice about pumping blood to those arms any longer. He paused, smirked, and left.

Perhaps I should wear the pink tie more sparingly.


posted at 8:15 PM by Randy
permalink



-•-

I've decided to go ahead and take this blog completely toward politics/economy. It's all I talk about anyway. Remember, you can email me at randy [at] circularlife [dot] com or use the chat box in the lower right.