C i r c u l a r | L i f e

 

Monday, April 02, 2007

I bought a water bottle today. Two, actually. They were cheap - $1.99 each. Super. So I handed them to the sports shop guy and he told me my total. "That'll be $4.30." I handed him a ten. He hit some keys on his register like a pro and I interrupted, "Oh, here's thirty cents."

"Oh, I already put it in," he said.

"It's no problem. You can just give me back six."

He pointed at the register screen where it displayed "$5.70" as the amount he should return, perhaps to show he wouldn't be bamboozled by the likes of me. "You mean $5.40?" he corrected.

"No, it was $4.30, I gave you $10.30. So that's six back."

He paused for a loooong moment, we exchanged stares, and after he blinked far too many times I could see the light go on. "Ooooh. Ok. Do you need a bag?"

I did not need a bag.



posted at 6:28 PM by Randy
permalink



-•-

I've decided to go ahead and take this blog completely toward politics/economy. It's all I talk about anyway. Remember, you can email me at randy [at] circularlife [dot] com or use the chat box in the lower right.