C i r c u l a r | L i f e

 

Monday, June 16, 2008

Went and saw M. Night Shyamalan's new film The Happening on Friday and all I can really do is sigh. This guy does understand how to make a good movie, obviously. He's made several (Sixth Sense, et al). But now I'm starting to wonder if he forgot. If it weren't for Mark Wahlberg, Shyamalan (who needs to get a whole first name) would have had nothin. Zero.



The story's villain was laughable, it lacked a strong (if any) underlying meaning, unlike his earlier films, and it had no arc - it ended the same way it began. So while I try not to blacklist movies given that different folks like different things, I would not recommend to anyone that they see it.


posted at 10:59 AM by Randy
permalink



-•-

I've decided to go ahead and take this blog completely toward politics/economy. It's all I talk about anyway. Remember, you can email me at randy [at] circularlife [dot] com or use the chat box in the lower right.